Peer Coaching Community of Practice
Come join us to rapidly deepen and improve your coaching skills and competencies in this session led by an MCC.
- Peer coaching is a defined process designed to promote rapid deepening and improvement of core coaching skills and competencies. It is not a discussion group.
- For sustainability of the process, every group member must be committed to learning the skill of facilitating the process.
- Every group member must agree to prepare a case for every session.
A case is selected from the group by the facilitator, or a group member is selected according to a predefined rota.
The facilitator takes 10 minutes to remind the group of the process and group rules. A new facilitator will have the previous facilitator "sit on their shoulder" and they do this and support them in learning the process. In a remote environment, this can easily be done by direct private messaging to the individual being guided.
As we go through the structured process steps which will be introduced in the session, this encourages participants/coaches to re-enforce their direct communication, sharing observations that come up, without attachment to being right, or fear of being wrong.
*** If you're considering to sign up for the Peer Coaching CP, to get maximum benefit from the session, please take 5 minutes to think through and make a few notes on your case for the session, based on these two questions:
1. What is the issue you would like to get some fresh thinking on?
2. What is the help you would like to get from the group?
Due to the nature of the process, even if your case is not the one chosen for the session, your subconscious will work on your case and give you some fresh ideas, while you are enjoying sharpening you coaching skills on some else!"
Join us to get the hands-on experience as we walk through the process with you all!